Includes Accessibility Menu, Select to Speak, Switch Access, and TalkBack.
Android Accessibility Suite is a collection of accessibility services that help you use your Android device eyes-free or with a switch device.
Android Accessibility Suite includes:
• Accessibility Menu: Use this large on-screen menu to control gestures, hardware buttons, navigation, and more.
• Select to Speak: Select something on your screen or point your camera at an image to hear text spoken.
• Switch Access: Interact with your Android device using one or more switches or a keyboard instead of the touch screen.
• TalkBack screen reader: Get spoken, audible, and vibration feedback as you use your device.
NEW IN ANDROID ACCESSIBILITY SUITE 7.3
New in Accessibility Menu:
• Change volume and brightness from the Accessibility Menu.
• Make Accessibility Menu buttons larger. In Accessibility Menu Settings, select Large buttons.
New in TalkBack:
• Use screen search to find items quickly. To start a search, swipe left then down, or open the global context menu and select Screen search.
• During continuous reading (Read from top or Read from next) TalkBack automatically continues to the next screen.
• During continuous reading, scan your screen by different navigation settings (such as headings or controls). To select a navigation setting, swipe up or down. To start continuous reading, go to the global context menu and select Read from top or Read from next.
Note: If your device is using Android 5 or earlier, future versions of Android Accessibility Suite won’t be compatible with your device. You can use version 7.3, but future versions will only be available for devices running Android 6 and later. Learn how to check or upgrade your Android version: https://support.google.com/android/answer/7680439
For more information about using Android Accessibility Suite and other Android accessibility options, visit https://support.google.com/accessibility/android
To get started:
1. Open your device’s Settings app.
2. Select Accessibility.
3. Select Accessibility Menu, Select to Speak, Switch Access, or TalkBack.
• Phone: Android Accessibility Suite observes the phone state so it can adapt announcements to your call status.
• Accessibility Service: Because this app is an accessibility service, it can observe your actions, retrieve window content, and observe text that you type.