Fredrik Fornwall Version
August 4, 2019 Requirements
5.0 and up
Termux combines powerful terminal emulation with an extensive Linux package collection.
• Enjoy the bash and zsh shells.
• Edit files with nano and vim.
• Access servers over ssh.
• Develop in C with clang, make and gdb.
• Use the python console as a pocket calculator.
• Check out projects with git and subversion.
• Run text-based games with frotz.
At first start a small base system is downloaded – desired packages can then be installed using the apt package manager. Access the built-in help by long-pressing anywhere on the terminal and selecting the Help menu option to learn more.
Want to read the wiki?
Want to ask questions, report bugs or give feedback?
Want to join the Termux IRC chat?
#termux on freenode
- Fix problems with sharing large terminal transcripts (#1166).
- Export ANDROID_TZDATA_ROOT as that is needed to run am and dalvikvm on Android Q (#1163).
- Make is possible to add functions keys (F1-F12) as extra keys (#1161).